JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see "WP Copy Data Protect" effect. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see full result of "WP Copy Data Protector", enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

100 years of bravery-click to explore the album

Constantin Guran is one of the few veterans left. He was born on the 14th of August 1914, in the Tetoiu Village, the son of Ion and Ilinca Guran.
On the 1st of August 2014 I took photographs of the old man that will be 100 years old in a few days, on the 14th of August. “Yesterday, today, 100 years back” was my first thought once I stepped in his home. The view of some photographs of him since he was young on the wall, his veteran medal, an album with war photographs and a few steps nearby, in the front room, Mr. Constantin himself was lying in bed. His daughter, Constanta Diaconescu, was the one that welcomed me at the front door and she’s the person that takes good care of him. She was the one to tell me shortly the story of the man that fought in Siberia and returned home on his own feet.
On the 1st of November 1938 Constantin Guran started the School for Officers and started working as a communication soldier in Regiment 1, in Deva. Between ’41-’44 he battled on the front, being sent in Syberia with his commandment from Deva. He was briefly promoted to First Sergeant, but was held as a prisoner for a while, but managed to escape from there. He was also adorned with the medal of the Christian Service with Spades, class III.
In 1946 he’s being transferred to ‘rezerva’ .He refuses to become a party member and worked as a account on the building site of Craiova and Balcesti, until his retirement in ’75. Besides his activity on the construction field he was a remarkable hunter. In 1996, by the 26th Decree, he receives the Remembrance Cross Medal(handed by Ion Iliescu) due his commitment in the WWII and for the work put for the army of the Romanian people. Also, on the 13th of May 2010 he receives a WWII veteran diploma from  the city hall of Tetoiu.
I stepped right in the room where the old man was living. My intention of taking a photograph met the old man’s eyes. His face enlightened. Even though his spelling was not very clear, I understood what he wanted: a handshake and a hug. That moment just froze the time for a few seconds and brought joy in two people’s souls.